Friday, 14 April 2017

It's almost the weekend

Morning,

To those of you who celebrate it - HAPPY EASTER




Preparations are definitely under way for Easter .. though I do feel hubby's been more than a little optimistic regarding the Bank Holiday weather - decidedly unreliable (at the best of times) in the UK ..... but, we now have a new BBQ all ready for it's first outing. I'm just not sure it will be this weekend!
Not sure you can see the details but ... most important tool? Coffee cup to the extreme right of the pic!
I've some crafting to share with you today too ... I REALLY like today's colour scheme of the yellow/orange/hot pink ....


My card
The front and back of my card and the front of my envelope
The inside of my card and the reverse of my envelope
Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of white card cut to 14cm square
  • Snippets of white card and dark teal textured card, left over from my Wednesday post project
  • With the snippet of white card taped in to place I applied Distress Inks with a Tim Holtz mini blending tool and foam pad: fossilised amber, carved pumpkin and picked raspberry.
  • Water spritzed over the panel, allowed to develop and then mopped with paper towel
  • Once dry I stamped my Clearly Inspired rose image using Versafine onyx black ink and then gave it a quick spritz with Crafters Companion Spray and Shine - to protect the water based inks from the elements
  • White grosgrain ribbon coloured using a Marvy le plume alcohol marker G679 and, once dry, adhered to my card panel using Stix2 narrow double sided tape
  • I stamped the "HAPPY" from the Stamplorations set and the "RETIREMENT" from the Clearly Wordsworth set stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Using dimensional foam tape I adhered my image panel over the ribbon

I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. Delicious Doodles - April 1st challenge - RIBBON AND FLOWERS
  2. Sisterhood of Crafters - April 12th challenge - STAMP IT
  3. Penny's challenges - challenge No. 324 - ANYTHING GOES
  4. Double D's challenge - April 5th challenge - NEON/BRIGHTS

And, I finally got to my CToC (Colouring Table of Craftiness) yesterday too .......


My ATC
Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Snippet of navy card cut to ATC size
  • Snippet of white card cut slightly smaller
  • Crafty Individuals image stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink
  • Faber Castell polychromos pencils used to colour background and image
  • Crafty Individuals sentiment stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink and highlighted with a gelly roll white gel pen
  • On the navy layer I stamped the small triangles image border (by Kaisercraft) down both sides using Brilliance moonlight white ink and drew the triangles across the top and bottom freehand, using the same white gel pen

I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:
  1. Addicted to Stamps - challenge No. 237 - MAKE YOUR MARK
  2. Crafting by Designs - April 12th challenge - GIRLS and/or FLOWERS .. think you probably all KNOW I managed both!!!
  3. Ike's World - challenge No. 86 - ANYTHING GOES + optional twist of EASTER/SPRING FLOWERS .. flowers? Check!

Also discovered I was showCASed this week over at Simply Less Is More for my entry for the "USE THREE PASTELS" challenge - you can see my entry below - thanks ladies, much appreciated!

 

13 comments:

lilian said...

I do love the colour combination on your card Kathy, great care,

Love the sentiment on the ATC,

LIlian

Borqna said...

Great card and ATC, Kathy!
Nice post - excellent mood!
Thank you very much for coming
to play at IKEsWORLD CHALLENGES.
Good luck!

Wish you a bright holidays.

Sall said...

I love how you managed to coordinate the envelope, it really finsihes a project off nicely. Thank you for taking the time to join in with our challenge and sharing your creativity with us, I love to see your talent, creativity and imagination at work. I hope to see more of your creativity in the near future. Love 'n' hugs Sall IkesWorld Challenges DT

Darlene said...

Beautiful creations Kathy! Love those 'hot' colors ... a very striking retirement card (you've inspired me ... I need a few retirement cards soon). Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘Stamp It’ challenge and please come back again soon!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
The Sisterhood of Crafters
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit!

P.S. Did you know by using those bright colors your card also fits the current 'Neons/Brights' challenge going on for just a few more days at the DOUBLE D Challenge Blog

Darlene said...

Me again! I'm so glad you came to share this with us at Double D! I love your image design ... in fact, I love the entire design! Great job! Hope you don't mind ... I'll be casing this beauty! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Neon / Brights’ challenge! We hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

SARN said...

Another wonderful piece of ink blending for your retirement card.
Love the ATC too, and a very nice sentiment.

Happy Easter! xxx

Cara said...

Fabulous makes this week, love them all, and congrats on your showcasing. Cara x

ike said...

Fabulous creations :-)
I hope you have some good weather for the BBQ :-D
Thank you very much for coming over to play at IKEsWORLD CHALLENGES :-)

IKE xx

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

Inkyfingers said...

I love the beautiful ink blending on your lovely card Kathy and the image is perfect for a retirement card. I always love how you take the time to decorate the inside of your card and the envelope too - makes them so special!
Have a Happy Easter and thanks for sharing with us at ATSM - I hope you will join us again soon.
Hugs
Carol x

Amelia Breytenbach said...

Oh wow this is stunning, absolutely love this – your color blending and design are gorgeous. Thanks for sharing with us at Double "D" Challenge .
Amelia (Double "D" Challenge Design Team)

Nandini said...

Gorgeous cards Kathy. Love the coloring. Thanks for joining us at the ATSM challenges. All the best. Nandini, DT

valscraftings said...

Thanks for joining us over at Delicious Doodles this month, love your project. Val

Sue Hickey said...

Hi and welcome to are Challenge this month.Thank you for sharing your project with us good luck with your entry hope to see you again soon hugs Sue DT xx
http://deliciousdoodleschallenge2.blogspot.co.uk/