Sunday, 9 April 2017

And it's another lazy Sunday at the Purple Palace!

Morning,

Good weekend so far? Me too! Ever have a spate of "unearthing hidden gems"? I've uncovered some old stash lately and have used a couple of them - here's another one today and, stop by again on Wednesday and you will see another - in fact, a whole bunch of them!! Feeling glad I didn't have one of "those" clear out sessions when you realise how much you miss the item you JUST got rid of! So, back to today's classy lady - reckon she's ALMOST a teenager!, the sentiment? Well, that was a gift from a pal a couple of years back too, turned out it was THE perfect size to fit on this card, YAY

My card
The front and back of my card and the front of my envelope
The inside of my card and reverse of my envelope
Materials used:
  • White A2/C6, 300gsm card and matching sized envelope
  • Two white card panels cut to 13 x 9.3cm
  • One plum coloured card panel cut to 13.5 x 9.8cm
  • Snippets of card in both the white and plum
  • Hampton Art image stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Narrow plum satin ribbon tied in an off centre knot before adhering my image panel 
  • High Hopes sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Three faux crystal gemstones adhered - to bling it up!



I'll be entering the above for the following challenges:-
  1. Crafty Addicts - challenge No. 35 - ANYTHING GOES + TWIST OF: CAS - which I went with because I do love CAS!
  2. My Time To Craft - challenge No. 343 - NO DESIGNER PAPERS
  3. Love to Craft - challenge No. 9 - ANYTHING GOES
  4. Brown Sugar - challenge No. 245 - ANYTHING GOES
  5. Jo's Scrap Shack - challenge No. 183 - ANYTHING GOES with oddball art

Hubs and I decided on Friday that the weather was FAR TOO NICE to stay in but ... where to go? We settled on Westonbirt Aboretum .. if you've never been then you should certainly consider it if you are in the area ...... dogs welcome in half of the grounds too. Check out their website here, and my pix below


We didn't climb those stairs but bet the view is terrific
Saw this hobbit like creation on our walk around
Even met the Gruffalo!
Such a beautiful shape to this tree
It was just such a nice walk
I love the shape this tree and blossom have taken
Such a beautiful layout
I do like a frame around my pix!
A panoramic view
Westonbirt House, once the home of the Holford family and now a School in the background
Just lovely
Hope you have enjoyed your walk around Westonbirt and aren't too tired!

8 comments:

lilian said...

Great card Kathy, Love the lady image,

Great Pictures to mate, Not bee there but would sure love to go,

Have a great day mate

lilian

SARN said...

Very classy lady image on that card. Great layout too.

FAB FAB FAB pictures of your trip to Westonbirt.

Have a nice lazy day today!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

froebelsternchen Susi said...

A brilliant elegant cardset and I love those wooden guys! Seems to be a nice place -- looks a bit as our area here in the northern part of Austria.
Happy Sunday and thanks a lot for your lovely visit on my blog!
oxo Susi

Pat said...

I love your stylish lady Kathy and the perfect image for a CAS card, also great photos of Westonbirt, must try and go there sometime. x

Cara said...

Love your elegant card and thanks for sharing those stunning pictures of your walk. Cara x

Angie Jones said...

Very nice.
Thank you for joining us at Jo’s Funday Friday Challenge . Good luck with your entry.
Angie DT for  http://jwscrapshack.blogspot.com.au/...

cotnob said...

A fabulous card Kathy, so elegant.
Beautiful photographs, it looks a wonderful place to spend a sunny day.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Irena Stefanova said...

Beautiful feminine card! Love the CAS look. Thanks for joining us at LTSCB and Good Luck! :)
hugs
Irena DT